Cleaning Tips for the New Year
Happy New Year! We made it! All of our family here at Southern Shine Cleaning is excited about bringing in the new year and keeping our clients homes in the Upstate of South Carolina as clean as possible!
The Holidays bring cheer, joy, memories, and also big messes that need cleaning!
Here’s a couple of quick tips we’d recommend to anyone that wants to try and get their home looking its best after a festive holiday and new year.
- Stop the Dirt at the Door – You can save yourself a lot of trouble cleaning floors if you put entryway rugs in front of each of your doors. Make taking off shoes a new year habit! Entryway rugs will collect some of the dirt and remind the family to take off their shoes.
- Keep Stock of Cleaning Supplies – This one may seem obvious, but we’ve learned that customers will often lack basic cleaning supplies. Take inventory of your home and carve out time to stock up on any cleaning supplies you lack or are short of. Make sure you’ve got all the necessities such as Vacuums, mops, dusters, brushes and sponges.
- Spend 1 Minute Cleaning Shower After Use – This can be a tough habit to build, because not many of us do it, but spending 30-60 seconds rubbing down the walls and doors of your shower with a cloth after use will keep your bathroom area looking their best and make all future cleanings much easier.
- Pull Out Your Furniture – You may be shocked to find what’s lurking underneath that couch or chair you haven’t moved all year. Once you’ve moved your furniture, use this time wisely to go ahead and clean the area underneath thoroughly.
- Disinfect Doors and Light Switches – It’s a quick and easy step to help prevent germs spreading as well as keep your home safe. Rub down all light switches and doors with disinfectants.
- Declutter! – Never stop! Keeping too much clutter laying around is something most of us are guilty of. It can happen in our kitchen, our bathroom, our den, our office – usually the place we spend the most time. Make a new year habit of routinely asking yourself, do I need this? Do I use it? If the answer is ‘no’, then move it out of there – it’s taking up your space.
Of course, if you’re ever feeling overwhelmed and need a little help, our professional team of cleaners would love to come to your home and make it Southern Shine!
We proudly provide house cleanings, deep cleanings, move in and move out cleanings and more to our customers in Spartanburg, Greenville, Greer, Inman and several other areas in the Upstate of South Carolina.
Southern Shine Cleaning