Preparing for Thanksgiving requires quite a bit of prep work before guests arrive. A Thanksgiving house cleaning checklist is handy and a great tool to refer to which will help keep yourself on track. Key to success is to plan ahead, take on the big projects first and then focus on getting the rooms ready that guests will see and spend time in.
Here is our suggested Thanksgiving house cleaning checklist:
One Week Before Thanksgiving
- Clean out the refrigerator to make room for your ingredients and leftovers.
- Clean out a coat closet.
- Wash utensils and serving dishes that you don’t use regularly.
- Wash special tableware.
- Declutter and organize an area that your guest will see.
- Wash and iron any tablecloths and napkins.
- Deep clean your home to lighten the load the day before Thanksgiving.
- Dust furniture.
- Clean window sills.
- Vacuum and sweep.
- Clean glass on front door.
- Clean guest bathrooms.
- Thoroughly clean the oven, stovetop and exhaust fan.
Day Before Thanksgiving
- Touch up guest bathrooms (wipe mirrors, top of toilet, faucet).
- Touch up dusting, vacuuming and sweeping.
- Run and empty the dishwasher.
- Set the table. This will look nice as your guests arrive.
- Set out any candles or decorations.
- Put out fresh towels in the bathrooms.
- Take out the trash before guests arrive.
- Wipe down the stove.
- Clear away countertops.
Taking the time to clean your house ahead of time will relieve some of the stress in hosting. If you find you would like more of your time back, simply call or reach us using our online contact form to request a Priority Home Cleaning.
Read more…Dirty Spots Your Guests Can See